The Roof Replacement Process
The average homeowner only needs to replace their roof once in their lifetime, and that means you probably have a lot of questions about the process. At Absolute Roofing, we believe that every customer should be absolutely comfortable, and that means being absolutely informed.
When we start your roof replacement process, here are the steps you can expect:
- Inspection of Damage—What kind of shape is your roof in? If we see any hail or wind damage we can coordinate with your insurance adjustors to make sure the work you want to do is coverable and what’s best for your home.
- Formal Proposal—Whether for repairs or replacement, we will line-item a formal proposal of service for you, detailing every estimated cost for labor and material down to the last nail. To learn about your roofing options, see our roofing services. Once you sign off on this, we take care of everything for you!
- Material Options—What kind of shingles would you like? What color? What style matches your home? We’ll lay out all your options and help you find just the right material for your home.
- Ordering Day—After we order the materials, we are notified from our supply company when your materials are ready and we will work on coordinating a material delivery. You will get an email the day before your delivery letting you know to clear your driveway for the truck to deliver materials.
- Material Delivery Day—A few days before installation, we will deliver the materials to your home. Our crew supervisors will contact you the day before we start work on your home to let you clear the driveway and prep for installation. Our guys will keep them neatly stacked and completely out of your way, so that your day can continue on as if they weren’t even there.
- First Day of Installation—Our crew will arrive on time on install day. Your roof replacement process will likely take only one day, but some projects can take up to three days. Don’t worry, we’ll let you know beforehand how long we think it will take.
- Greeting—Our crew supervisor will come to your door to greet you and make sure you don’t have any questions.
- Roof removal—This is when it will start getting noisy! Our guys up on the roof will dispose of all old shingles and underlayment and keep the debris contained to the workspace.
- New Roof Installation—The the underlayment goes on top of the decking and protects against leaks in the future of the new roof is weather-resistant tar paper which protects against leaks in the future and provides a setting for the decking and shingles which rest on top.
- Shingle Installation—After the underlayment and decking, our crews install the new shingles using precision nailing techniques to optimize water flow and the aesthetic integrity of your roof. We aren’t satisfied until every shingle is absolutely square and your roof is locking out the elements like it should.
- Clean Up— We work hard to pick up every nail and scrap before we leave. We use a large yard magnet around your home to make sure all loose nails are picked up.
- Recap with the Team Leader—Our crew supervisor will perform a final inspection to make sure everything was done to our standards and address any questions you may have.
- Invoice—You will receive a final invoice from our office crew for you to pay or pass on to your insurance company.
- Feedback—You will receive a final invite to provide us with your absolutely honest assessment of your experience with Absolute Roofing. We want your thoughts, and we mean it!
Call Absolute Roofing at (417) 869-0444 to get your price now, or schedule a free estimate online. Nothing is more important to us than making your roof replacement process as comfortable as possible.
Request Your FREE Roofing Estimate
Have you noticed something off about your roof?
Fill out the form below to schedule your FREE roofing estimate!
Mike and his guys will be on it lickety-split.